1. In July our university students received their new house in the capital, Guatemala City. This new house not only provides more space for our current students, but it also allows space for future student who will start their studies in the future!
2. This year NPH Guatemala introduced a new school system. This new system allows the children to go to school in the morning, break for lunch, and then return to school afterwards when they can receive extra tutoring and get their homework done. This has proved to be very effective for our children, and the home is looking into ways to improve this even further.
3. We have been able to start the construction for our new visitor’s housing. The idea is to have a visitor complex on-site in the future, which will allow for more visitors and more activities with the children.
4. In September we had our second pequeño accepted into the leadership program in Seattle. Jacinto has now been in the United States for two months and we could not be prouder of him! .
5. Twenty-four pequeños from our home have been accepted to study at the university level in the upcoming year. This is the largest number of students who have been accepted at the same time to attend university in our history! They have selected various areas of study and are ready to continue their exciting journeys to better themselves.